Old June 21st 17, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Definitely a near Earth Asteroid last night.

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 10:44:44 PM UTC-5, George Cornelius wrote:
In article , "fred k. engels" writes:
This is really embarrassing and hilarious coconut crabs (Birgus latro) group

[...]

Guess I missed something. I do not follow links just because someone
posts them here. If it's worth talking about it's worth posting - or
at least a summary of it. I'm not going to go to some site called
jimstone.is just because Larry posts it, and in fact since he does
not post links to actual pages but just to the sites' top levels I
do not find his links useful.

But I can point out that if there was a serious claim that there was
an asteroid encounter that night, it was bogus.

With regard to the Kimmy Boy moniker, I was actually going to post
using his real name but decided I did not know for sure what it was
or its exact spelling. So I used the phrase that others are using on
this group to mock him.

But the point was merely to editorialize on the unlikelihood of
there being anything manmade that would look like a monstrous
asteroid with mountains / valleys, not to make a comment of
any kind about Kim Jong Un.

And of course the Kimmy Boy comments are a dig primarily because
in our culture Kim is a girl's given name while in either of the
Koreas it is generally considered a respectable family name.

Oh, and LEO means low earth orbit, which is, of course, what
you would call the orbit of a 150 mile high satellite.

We now return you to your usual fare of all foolishness all
the time...

George

"George Cornelius" wrote in message ...

[...]

https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/ca/

If you select recent past ( = 60 d.) and less than or equal to one Lunar
Distance ( = 1 LD), you get that the most recent event is 20170504 . This
was 4.1-9.1 meters diameter, estimated, at 0.14 LD's away, i.e., 35,000
miles.

I'm calling it bogus.

And Kimmy boy's not likely launching monstrous asteroid-like satellites into
LEO.

George

Update: Illinois Careens Into Financial Meltdown www.drudgereport.com
Old June 21st 17, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 6:25:51 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
[...]

Ri Sol-ju is Kimmy boy's wife's name. Kim Jong-eun is Kimmy boy's real/given name. There are no middle names in North Korea. Kim and Ri are Sur names. Sol-ju is her first name. Kim is his Sur name. According to what somebody posted at quora.com