Old August 27th 17, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What should replace the Confederate statues

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:59:45 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
It wasen't about slavery. Slavery was on the way out anyway.

what the civil war was really about. There are some websites that explain it, whether it is factually true or not, I don't know. I know this though, there was nothing civil about it. Nothing civil about any wars.
Old August 27th 17, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.cracked.com 6 civil war myths everyone believes that are total B.S. ...I see on TV news earlier today some people were in down town Knoxville, Tennessee protesting a Confederate statue. ,,,TEAR THAT DAMN Statue DOWN! ...Knox, was he a Confederate in that uncivil war, any damn Confederate statues of him anywhere? I was in ammo school at Fort Knox, Kentucky for two months before I went to Vietnam.
Old August 27th 17, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That article at cracked.com #5 The North was anti racist. ...Sheeittt, you want to bet? North is more racist than the South. There were 11 black people hanged in Manhattan. Town Line, New York successfuly seceded alltogether from the Union and was not readmitted to the nation untill 1946.
Old August 27th 17, 07:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

It wasen't about slavery. Slavery was on the way out anyway.

Slavery was on the way out in the rest of the world, but the
Confederacy was intended to protect slavery within it's borders. Here's
a couple of quotes;

United States Constitution:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Confederate Constitution:

No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing
the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

Old August 27th 17, 07:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:59:45 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
It wasen't about slavery. Slavery was on the way out anyway.

what the civil war was really about. There are some websites that explain it, whether it is factually true or not, I don't know. I know this though, there was nothing civil about it. Nothing civil about any wars.

At the start, the war started over preserving the Union. But it was
clear that eventually slavery was going to be politically abolished in
all of the Union.

If you care to read about it, the Confederates themselves explained
quite clearly why they wanted to split from the Union in their
declarations of secession:

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/prima...eceding-states

The Confederates came up with their alt-fact explainations for the war
after they lost and realized that that they brought ruination down
on the people of the South for the WORST possible reason.

Old August 27th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Faith and Begorra! .... www.faithandamericanhistory.wordpress.com West Point historian mixes truth with myth ... colonalass Ty Seidule, so-called ''historian'' is ass full of sheet ass a Christmas ass Turkey, in my opinion. Look at that 'cracker head' on him.
Old August 27th 17, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

Faith and Begorra! .... www.faithandamericanhistory.wordpress.com West Point historian mixes truth with myth ... colonalass Ty Seidule, so-called ''historian'' is ass full of sheet ass a Christmas ass Turkey, in my opinion.

The only "myth" refered to that I noticed is the claim that the United
States fought the Confederacy to end slavery. That's not quite the
case. The United States fought the Confederates to keep the States
UNITED. Later in the war, emancipation became a weapon against
the slave holders.

It is absolutely true that the Confederates tried to split the nation
because they wanted no part of slave emancipation.

One of the truths about the times is the Southern slaveholders could
have negotiated a gradual slave emancipation with the Lincoln
administration. THEY DID NOT.

As has been said many times:

"The Confederates wanted slavery without the United States more than
they wanted to stay in the United States without slavery".

Look at that 'cracker head' on him.

There's a succinct, if not powerful, refutation.

need to replace YB400? news.rcn.com Shortwave 31 December 21st 06 04:25 AM
Replace a Pro-60 Jim Scanner 2 June 20th 05 11:57 PM
Statues. was "10 Days to D-Day" G1LVN Policy 0 May 16th 05 09:31 PM
Replace 6CW4? John Smith Homebrew 19 May 1st 05 09:48 PM
FA: Connex Confederate HP w/ Astatic Mike cfm CB 0 April 27th 05 04:31 PM