Old December 31st 17, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kenwood R-5000

Hi, I have a 'problem' which is thatI can't get FM button to work on my Kenwood/Trio R-5000. I mean that when I'm listening to the receiver I get audio fine in any other mode ie USB AM CW etc, but when I press the FM mode button, the LED lights on the button fine, but the audio simply goes dead, even with an FM broadcast which is heard with distortion using the AM button. So why does the audio go dead? I just bought it of EBay a few days ago, and I'm puzzled about this ! Do I need to install an FM demodulator or what.

Thanks in advance, Radio Ham, callsign GI4HDJ Bernard

FS Kenwood R-5000 jvcactus Swap 3 November 17th 06 11:44 PM
FS Kenwood R-5000 Michael Lawson Shortwave 0 May 3rd 06 04:17 AM
Kenwood R-5000 [email protected] Equipment 1 July 5th 05 12:22 PM
WTB: Kenwood R-5000 Frank Bals Shortwave 0 April 7th 04 11:41 PM
Kenwood R-5000 $230 grumpus Shortwave 8 October 28th 03 02:06 PM