Old February 16th 18, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GE 7 2990 Shortwave Tuner Trouble

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 10:44:09 AM UTC-4, crunch65 wrote:
I repaired mine after the gear cracked. The process is to eliminate the
gear with the result of a bit faster tuning unless you replace the
tuning dial with a gear reduction type built into the dial. All it takes
is some TV Radio cement and a phillips screw drive Do a private message
to me with an email and I will send you the step by step process I used
that by passes that little gear. Glenn WØLUS

Hi Glenn,

Please share your process for repairing the GE Model 7-2990A radio. I have had my radio for many years and was disappointed when it developed the tuning dial bump. Looking forward very much to repairing the tuner and getting the radio back into usable form. Thanks very much. Email:

--
crunch65

GE 7 2990 Shortwave Tuner Trouble [email protected] Shortwave 3 August 29th 20 11:54 PM
RCI 2990 For Sale [email protected] CB 0 July 16th 17 02:43 AM
FS: Ranger RCI-2990 Justin CB 0 March 11th 05 02:37 PM
FS: RCI 2990 The Tube Man CB 2 July 11th 03 10:58 PM
FS: RCI 2990 The Tube Man Swap 0 July 11th 03 04:33 AM