Old July 1st 03, 12:28 AM
David Eduardo

Default Cuban Reloj on 790?

Supposedly there is a 30 kw Reloj repeater in Pinar del Rio on 790.

The CW would seem to limit it to Cuba. There is a Mexico City all news
station that just went to 50 kw on the same frequency.

"RedOctober90" wrote in message
om...
I was listening to taped "Coast to Coast AM" which I recorded last
night while I was sleeping. Station was AM 790. I played it back and
about 2 hours into the progam I think there is a Cuban Reloj station
in the back. I've confirmed two of these on different frequencies
month back.

It's faint but I can hear the Cuban announcer and the "CW timechecks"
on the minute.

Occasionally I hear faint stations in the back of the strong WAEB
Signal on 790.

Perhaps someone knows.