Old July 4th 03, 06:34 PM
GeorgeF

Default NASCAR Pepsi 400 Live Crew/Driver Comms OnLine!

Once again I’ll be broadcasting live Driver/Crew comms of the NASCAR
Pepsi 400 at Daytona Beach, FL.

Since I live only a short distance from the Daytona International
Speedway and have a few scanners laying around
(http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html for pictures of my listening
location) I’ll be using 4 scanners to bring you live Driver/Crew scanner
comms online.

For live broadcasts go he http://www.MilAirComms.com

Starting later this afternoon I’ll be broadcasting various Air Traffic
comms, police, or military air comms so you can make sure you’re link is
working. Tonight at 8:30PM EDT is the Winn-Dixie 250 race. You
might want to check, I might be broadcasting Driver/Crew comms of that
race as well (if I’m home in time).

Saturday the Pepsi 400 race is to begin at 7:30 PM EDT. Before the race
I’ll be again broadcasting audio from the Daytona International Airport,
if possible (its worked in past years) I’ll try to broadcast the audio
from the Military Jet Fly-By which occurs during the playing of the
National Anthem. Once the Fly-By is complete I’ll switch over to
Driver/Crew comms.

This years setup will be much like the setup I used during this years
Daytona 500. I’ll be using 4 scanners, three scanning Driver/Crew
frequencies and one scanning NASCAR officials. All 4 scanners will be
feeding a 4 channel audio mixer. The mixer output feeds the computer
which broadcasts to the net. By using the mixer I’ll try to keep
scanner 1 & 2 broadcasting the leader and number 2 position car.
Scanner 3 will be searching for interesting conversations between
drivers/crew, when there’s something interesting I’ll add that to the
mix. Scanner 4 will be Officials which I’ll add to the mix during
times of interesting comms, usually during “blackflags” and cautions.

With NexTel entering the picture this might very well be the last time
you can freely hear NASCAR driver/crew comms on a starndard scanner,
we’ll just have to wait an see what happens next year….

Happy Listening,
George
http://www.MilAirComms.com