Old July 5th 03, 12:26 PM
Peter Kuennemann

Default Help- Panasonic RF-B45 does no longer talk to me

Hi,
I wonder if there is anybody out there who could help me with my
Panasonic RF-B45. For some onknown reason, I cannot get it working
again. It has been laying around for 2 years or so without a battery.
Some weeks ago, I tried to get it back to live and found that the
FM receiver did not work properly, the frequency settings started
at about 70MHz but I was only able to receive one local station with
poor quality. Today I tried again with a fresh set of AA Batteries
but now I could not even get it back to live at all, I mean: I cannot
switch it on, only thing that worked was setting the clock.
Pressing the ON Button showed a very short glance of FM some frequency
and then get a blinking E in the lower right corner.
Battery connectory have been cleaned already!.

Regards, Peter Kuennemann DB8YP
http://db8yp.homedns.org

Old July 10th 03, 12:56 PM
pluskat

I had one of these a while ago...The problem is that the power switch goes
out. You have to use the clock/timer switch to turn it on. It's a real
pain.Use the batteries as an off switch, i.e. take them out. I also had the
FM problems you mention. Removing the batteries also will reset the radio,
and restore the FM function. Start saving for a new radio, because this one
is on the way out.