Old July 6th 03, 09:37 PM
Sergey Gurevich

Default For Agent Smith

OK. I understand.

"Agent Smith" wrote in message
news:3fdd0d39.4174239699@feednread...
Sergey,
I'm not removing anything from anywhere. Next time think before you

hit
SEND. The FBI, the CIA, the ACLU, the NRA and Homeland security all keep

their
own archives so it doesn't matter if it gets removed from Google.

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:36:03 GMT, "Sergey Gurevich"

wrote:

Agent Smith,

I would like to ask you for a small favor.
Could you remove your message, of 6/17/2003 9:07PM, responding to my

initial
message from the rec.radio.shortwave news group and from www.google.com
archive ? I'm still very concern about strong language, I used there. I'd
like to remove all references to it from the USENET. I already removed my
message and the only place it's still left there, is in your replay to my
initial posting. If you don't mind, could you remove it too ?

Here is how to do it:

Message Removal from the main USENET server:
1. Find message posted on June 17th 9:07PM.
2. Highlight it.
3. Click on "Message", in Microsoft Outlook, to get pull down menu and

click
on "Cancel message".
This will remove message from the main USENET server. It takes a few

minutes
to remove message.

Could I also ask you to remove this message from the www.Google.com

archive
?
It's a bit more complicated.
Here is how to do it:

1. Go to www.google.com
2. Select Groups folder there. This is the 3rd folder from the left or
right. It is in the middle.
3. Click on groups help. It's located on the right form the main "Google
Search" button.
4. Click on FAQ #13.
5. There click on "Automatic Removal Tool" link.
6. At this point you'd have to register with www.google.com.
7. After registration is done, log in to www.google.com again ( repeat

steps
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 ) and click on "Remove your usenet posts from Google
Groups" link.
8. Enter following Message ID : 3f5cb860.2620663244@feednread in

Message
ID field. This is the message_ID of your message.
9. Click on "Delete Post". It will take a few hours for them to remove

it.

That's it. This will remove your message from the google.com archives.

I appreciate it a lot.
Thank you again.

Sergey
PS: Please let me know if you removed it. You can just replay to this
message on rec.radio.shortwave news group.