Old July 6th 03, 09:24 PM

Default Yaesu FRG-7 vs. Grundig 800

A friend of mine likes my Yaesu FRG-7 and is considering buying one..He
was thinking about buying the Grundig 800 and asked me which one was a
better radio..My Yaesu is old but I think of it as a very good receiver
for just random tuning and I have no knowledge about the Grundig 800
other than the fact it is made in China, and some quality control
problems have existed with some past models..So for random Shortwave
tuning should the choice be a old used Yaesu made in Japan, or the
Grundig 800 made in Communist Red China?

Roger
West Michigan

Old July 7th 03, 09:21 AM

I am located North of Grand Rapids. Have been a SWL for many years now -
got interested in Shortwave Radio when I was in the military and that is
how I got most of my news about what was taking place back in the United
States.

Roger
West Michigan

Fox Tango International, Yaesu Users Groups w4clm Antenna 1 December 24th 04 11:48 AM
FA: Yaesu FT270R Yaesu FV101-Z Cardwell Air Variable Capacitor Will Boatanchors 0 April 16th 04 12:08 AM
FA: Yaesu FT270R Yaesu FV101-Z Cardwell Air Variable Capacitor Will Equipment 0 April 16th 04 12:07 AM
YAESU NI4L CB 1 November 29th 03 04:16 PM
FS: Yaesu FT-51r with LCD spkr/mic and 35watt amp Shadow of James General 0 October 15th 03 03:36 AM