Old July 7th 03, 10:22 AM
sorcerer

Default THE TALE OF THE TWO FACES OF A COIN

THE TALE OF THE TWO FACES OF A COIN

A long, long time ago in a far away land, the land of Google
shortwave newsgroup. There is a powerful ruler who has dominated that
land, his kingdom was Passport to World Band Radio. This powerful
ruler is the sovereign Lord Magne. He rules his kingdom in the land of
the blind. Nobody can oppose his rules, what his words he say is
absolute. Like for instance the word World Band, he wants it to be
known as a kind of communication spectrum. Nobody can oppose it,
everybody has to swallow without chewing. "So shall be written, so
shall be done" in his glossary.
In the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and ninety four A.D.
There is a great critic leader Richard Crisp who oppose the Shortwave
radio reviews of Lord Magne, one of them for example the Watkins
Johnson HF1000. His rating was very low and this create a questionable
opposition by this critic leader Richard Crisp and that is the start
of the battle between the critic leader and Lord Magne's warriors.
During that time Lord Magne and his warriors used their swords to cut
this critic leader in the battle of the blind. Lord Magne's warriors
was victorious during that time, his warriors defended Lord Magne's
kingdom, Passport to World Band Radio.
After seven years has past, there is another critic has come from
the land of the dwarfs. This great critic is the clever, smart troll
Sebas. He is the most harsh critic ever encountered by Lord Magne. It
started when Lord Magne made the expected demise of the Sony ICF 2010
on March 2003 on his publication but it didn't happen. It become
earlier than expected. Sony Corp. has changed their minds and decided
not to produce the product. It was announced early January 2003 thru
Universal Radio Inc. The troll Sebas has questioned the prediction as
well the word "World Band" means it is a kind of communication
spectrum which the troll Sebas criticized that prediction and as well
the word "World Band". Lord Magne become so angry and this has started
the battle between Lord Magne with his warriors against the troll
Sebas. With the absolute power of Lord Magne, he decided to use his
sword to cut the head of the troll Sebas. But the dwarf troll Sebas
doesn't have a sword, the only weapon he has is the mighty pen. That
is the weapon he use against Lord Magne to defeat him in the final
battle in the land of Google shortwave newsgroup. There is a saying
that " THE PEN IS ALWAYS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD".
In the land of Google shortwave newsgroup, in order to have peace
between the kingdom of Passport to World Band Radio and the land of
the dwarfs. It was decided on the land of Google Shortwave newsgroup
the faces of Lord Magne and the troll Sebas will be joined together in
one coin in the Google archives.
From that time, the two faces of a coin was created and
inseparable to one another like the head (Lord Magne) and tails (Troll
Sebas) minted together to form one coin. If you search in the archives
of Google the name of this particular person like Sebas, you will
encounter the name of Lawrence (Larry) Magne, as well as the other way
around. It's just like they are inseparable to one another. It's just
like Magne is the shadow of Sebas and Sebas is the shadow of Magne.
This means Sebas plus Magne equals wisdom and knowledge.
Keep on watching the crystal ball of the sorcerer for more
updates.

The Sorcerer
Old July 7th 03, 12:52 PM
JuJu Bees

"sorcerer" wrote in message
om...
THE TALE OF THE TWO FACES OF A COIN

A long, long time ago in a far away land, the land of Google
shortwave newsgroup. There is a powerful ruler who has dominated that
land, his kingdom was Passport to World Band Radio.

I once found a copy of P.T.Wb.R. at
a library used book sale.

Paid 50 cents for it. (glad I didn't pay more)

Old July 8th 03, 03:11 AM
dwarf

When I was viewing all the articles in Google Shortwave newsgroup, I
came across this unusual title and I got curious to open and read it
together with my 10 year old son. My son was amazed on the story, it's
like a fairy tale children's story. He said to me " Dad, this story
has similarity with the movie "Lord of the Rings, the fellowship of
the ring". Like this Dark Lord Sauron and the Hobbits small people.

Dwarf
Old July 8th 03, 03:50 PM
Frank Dresser

"sorcerer" wrote in message
om...
THE TALE OF THE TWO FACES OF A COIN

[snip]

This is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I am so glad the "Foreign Man" did
not die with Andy Kaufman. Unless Andy did his ultimate Elvis impersonation
and faked his own death.

Frank Dresser

Old July 11th 03, 04:27 PM
the mighty pen

The Mighty Pen

Hey, some guy with a similar Pen Name wanted to be ruler of France. He
lost. To a mope.

But in my part of the world, a great many of our Lords live in fear of the
Pen. Governors, Mayors, Aldermen, Congressmen, Judges and State's Attorneys
have all been grabbed by the Feds and tossed in the Pen. The Mighty Pen!

So, I guess you have a point there.

Frank Dresser

The pen name " The Mighty Pen" was used by Voltaire, (Francois-Marie
Arouet de Voltaire) in order to hide his identity. His essays
energetically attacked the government and Catholic Church to expose
the shams of government, philosophy, and religion. That is why he was
been persecuted by the Nobility and the Catholic Church. He is also
the seed of the French Revolution and he is responsible to spread the
idea of enlightenment. He is also known as the undisputed leader of
the Age of Enlightenment, as well as he is remembered as a crusader
against tyranny and bigotry.

"Liberty of thought is the life of the soul." (from Essay on Epic
Poetry,
1727)

The origins of the words "The Mighty Pen" derived from their own
original versions like the following:

AUTHOR: ROBERT BURTON (1577–1640)

QUOTATION: Hinc quam sic calamus sævior ense, patet. "THE PEN WORSE
THAN THE SWORD".

ATTRIBUTION: Anatomy of Melancholy. Part i. Sect. 2, Memb. 4, Subsect.
4.

AUTHOR: SAINT SIMON

QUOTATION: Tant la plume a eu sous le roi d'avantage sur l'épée " SO
FAR HAD THE PEN UNDER THE KING THE SUPERIORITY OVER THE SWORD".

ATTRIBUTION: Mémoires, vol. iii. p. 517 (1702), ed. 1856.

AUTHOR: EDWARD GEORGE EARLE LYTTON BULWER-LYTTON (1803–1873)

QUOTATION: "BENEATH THE RULE OF MEN ENTIRELY GREAT,
THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD".

ATTRIBUTION: Richelieu. Act ii. Sc. ii.

AUTHOR: SEBAS (2003)

QUOTATION: "THE PEN IS ALWAYS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD."

ATTRIBUTION:

Only the truth will set you free
.... When your Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression is being
suppressed,
How do you feel? "THE PEN IS ALWAYS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD" Sebas
rec.radio.shortwave - 3 Jul 2003 by Sebas - View Thread (1 article)

In other words, Sebas is the modern Voltaire.

"Today's news and story, Tomorrow's history"

The Mighty Pen

Old July 11th 03, 05:23 PM
Frank Dresser

"the mighty pen" wrote in message
om...

[snip]

In other words, Sebas is the modern Voltaire.

Of course. Can't imagine why I was thinking Andy Kaufman.

"Today's news and story, Tomorrow's history"

The Mighty Pen

Finally! Someone who trusts the Liberal News Media!!

Frank Dresser

Old July 12th 03, 02:42 AM
the mighty pen

The Mighty Pen

No comparison to the mighty kill file.

Telamon,

This is the words of Voltaire on his essay "Candide".

When Candide asks his friend Martin, does he believe that men have
always massacred one another, Martin points out that the hawks eats
pigeons. "Well, said Martin, if hawks have always had the same
character, why do you supposed that men have changed?"

So it applies to the modern world of today, it is full of liars,
traitors, ingrates, thieves, misers, killers, fanatics, hypocrites,
fools and so on.