RadioBanter

-   -   WiNRADiO Long Wire Adapter (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37155-winradio-long-wire-adapter.html)

wayne July 8th 03 01:42 AM

WiNRADiO Long Wire Adapter

Has any one tried/compared the WiNRADiO Long Wire Adapter ?

Richard Newman July 8th 03 02:23 PM

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:42:10 +0800, "wayne"
wrote:

Has any one tried/compared the WiNRADiO Long Wire Adapter ?

Yes, I ordered it together with my WR-G303i receiver. It is
absolutely superb. Compared to using a long wire antenna alone, it
reduces noise significantly.

Richard

Michalkun July 9th 03 05:47 PM

(Richard Newman) wrote in news:3f0ac483.12039328@news-
server:

wrote:

Has any one tried/compared the WiNRADiO Long Wire Adapter ?

Yes, I ordered it together with my WR-G303i receiver. It is
absolutely superb. Compared to using a long wire antenna alone, it
reduces noise significantly.

Are you using the long wire antenna from winradio or you just connected
some wire? That balun is 9:1 I think and if wire's impendance is different
then there may be some problem.
How many db you gain or lose with the winradio adapter? Does it get rid of
noise a lot?