Old July 8th 03, 12:24 PM
Ed Conrad

Default SPECIAL MESSAGE from Bots-R-Us - ConradBot

Subject: ConradBot v1.0
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2003 9:25 a.m.
From: bots-r-us.com (SuperUser)
Newsgroup: all sci. groups

Greetings:

As many of you know, we here at Bots-R-Us pride ourselves
in providing the Usenet community with quality bots to stimulate
exciting discussion in the news groups..

Unfortunately, it has now come to our attention that one of our bots
has been released before it was ready.

The program in question is ConradBot (most likely a pre-release
version of v1.0). It is most probably identifying itself as one "Ed
Conrad".

It started life as a bad unix port of the old Eliza program with all

sorts of paranoid, anti-establishment, conspiracy-minded rants.

When we were getting ready to release ConradBot, we found that
certain subroutines which should have been included with our
PeeWeeBot were linked into the ConradBot.

This caused the program to loop, multiply-crossposting "I know you are
but what am I?"-type childish rants. We weren't planning to release
the program until this was fixed, but a copy made it out our door
with a disgruntled former employee who may have released it onto
Usenet.

So, please, if anybody in talk.origins, sci.bio.paleontology, or
sci.skeptic should see a posting by an "Ed Conrad", ignore it.
It's merely the mindless rants of a broken program.

Ignore these posts and the bot will stop posting after a few days.
I'm very sorry if this bot has caused any problems.

Sincerely,
Curtis M. Greenwald
President
Bots-R-Us

==================================
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

===================================

clickkkkkk dlllickkkk clllliiiickkkk clickc clikckcic ckcil cklkl
123455667678999900012234456789012334455678990
xxxx#####33333@@@@22========0007&&&&^6

enter data enter data enter data entrer data.....

ENTRY MISUNDERSTOOD
ENTRY MISUNDERSTOOD

ENTRY MISUNDERSTOOD...

wH0987654321. CoNRADbOT v1.0, 12-8-1996 LSTD4-44-13241
///////////
A-OK. A-OK. A-OK

ENTER DATA. HOOKUP COMPLETE...

0987654321 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
!@#$%^&*()_+|

all keys functional

esdfeProblem Recitified.
repeat PROBLEM RECTIFIED...
Back to Bots-R-Us base (Controller 34-44-237)

SHOULD I TEST RUN FOR CONFIRMATION?
Yes. But make damn sure all screws tightened!!

Roger!

Release....

Begin New Feed////correction-mode
Bots R Us -- ConradBot v1.0 ConradBot v1.0 ConradBot v1.0
XX9m-1212-EC (07-08-03) cXLVIV-1488lvvv

................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
DANGLEWIRE LOOSE. TIGHTENED. SODERED. WORKING FINE NOW.
COMPUTER BRAIN CONNECTION AIRBRUSHED. GOOD WORKING ORDER.
NONSENSE DISK DISCONNECTED. SARCASTIC RESPONSE MODE REPLACED.
SUB WITH GOOD MANOR & COURTESY DISK.
CONRAD BOT APPARENTLY A-OK.

FULL SERVICE RESTORED

RESUME OPERATION WITH CAUTION.
TEST RUN
TEST RUN
TEST RUN

.....hI

hi...
hI

Hi:
My name is Ed ConradDDD.

RESTART 0987654321 0987654321 (EC-1-913-231-674)

hI

hI.

Hi. My name is Ed Conrad. I am really ConradBot v1.0. I believe in
evolution. We all came from monkeys. We used to swing on trees.
There are no vested interests. Physical anthropology doesn't stink
like a sewer. The Smithsonian always seeks truth, no matter
the consequences. Andrew Macrae and Paul Myers would never
tamper with physical evidence. Death is forever and. when you're dead,
you're dead. David Sienkiewicz is not a paid hit man for the
Scientific Establishment. Phil Dietiker rarely gets excited.
Scientists have all the answers and are as honest as the day is long.
The Big Bang really did take place. There is no Superior Intelligence
out there in an unknown dimension. Velikovsky and Pope John XXIII
are not people to admire. Clayton Lennon smoked too many cigars.
Anthropologists, paleontologists and geologists don't tell lie more
than used car salesmen. Ted Holden is wrong. Stew Dean is right.
Boikat does not have a petrified brain. Jeremy Dahl was not a bone
expert at Yerkes. Old farts do not nest in sci.bio.paleontology. The
University of California woud never lie in an affidavit. Penn State is
not 0-for-3 in integrity in examining and testing the specimens. The
giant tooth, dinosaur foot and scorpion part were really made in
Taiwan. Ernest Hooton did not say what we know he said, although
we know he had said it . . .

SURE LOOKS GOOD TO ME, MR. GREENWALD.
SHOULD I STILL BRING HIM BACK TO THE FACTORY?

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal
and
Proof of Life After Death

JNOS message question Jeff Camp Digital 67 May 26th 16 03:21 AM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 10:49 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 07:07 PM
JNOS message question Jeff Camp Digital 0 October 19th 03 03:39 AM