Old July 17th 03, 06:03 AM
WShoots1

The radio had been off and untouched all day. Had been working fine for
about 3 days. I came home and once again the 12:00 was flashing, and all the
presets cleared.

Oh boy. It sure sounds like the cells unconnected. If there's no backup inside,
that's it.

Although I don't know about SW receivers, much of the newer equipment having
memories, such as my few years old Radio Shack 2M HT and, I suspect, my new
Grundig eTR7 SW RX, as well as computers, musical keyboards, etc., have either
a high capacitance capacitor or a piggyback battery on a chip to retain memory.
Although the cap will sometimes fail due to age, the battery will indeed fail
eventually. And that requires replacing the chip it's on.

As for what Shack will allow you, please let us know. G

Good luck,
Bill, K5BY

Pro-43 Trouble Update Bo Harris Scanner 0 November 11th 04 11:08 AM
Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
TS940S trouble...help ! Tallion Equipment 2 March 24th 04 12:40 AM
Trouble with BC3000xlt reception Philip Knode Scanner 0 December 3rd 03 02:01 PM