Old July 12th 03, 02:28 PM
Burr

Default More Hot

It was so hot I went fishing to cool off. I drove over to the stream
below the mill to a nice pond below the little falls where I setup. The
cold water felt so good I didn't put on my waders I just stood in the
water and enjoyed.
I caught a few small fish then bang I hooked the big one. The fish
started running up and down the stream ripping off line as it went.
Finely it made a full speed run and when it turned the wash from it's
wake and tail caused a wave so big it went up the stream, over the
falls, through the mill turning the wheels backwards and ungrounded
three bushels of corn!

Burr
The Truth Lies Here
South Left Coast U.S.A.
There is no gravity. The Earth Sucks.

Old July 12th 03, 07:41 PM
diverd4777

Burr:

YOu obviously hooked one of species "Fontinalis Jackelopes",
A rare and endangered species of Brook Trout.

Our current President, an avid fisherman and ardent conservationist,
has set aside millions of acres of wilderness and spring fed streams,
prime habitat for this spirited fish.

Let us know what reception is like out there..

Dan

Old July 12th 03, 08:08 PM
Burr

diverd4777 wrote:

Let us know what reception is like out there..

Dan

Hey Dan,
I am changing the engine in my old motor home right now so I can
setup/use it as my "Mobile Listing Location" across the desert. I sure
am looking forward to getting it going.
I have a 20' mast, will hang a ScanTenna on it as well as my loaded
Sony antenna and my long wire. This thing will only be pretty to another
DXer.

Burr
The Desert Voyager
65 Cortez Desert Mobile
75 Dodge Power Wagon

Old July 12th 03, 09:01 PM
WShoots1

Has anyone tried to just clip onto a barbed wire fence? Just make sure it isn't
an electrified wire.

Maybe I'll go out and do it. There's plenty of "bob war" around here.

Bill. K5BY
SE Texas

Old July 17th 03, 08:05 PM
RHF

WS1,

Pays to carry out a 115VAC Light Bulb and a 12VDC Light Bulb to test
each of the "bob war" runs to be sure you don't Light-Up-Your-Life !

If you are concerned about your equipment bring along an LED to check
for any lower voltages.

Finally, use a Balun (Matching Transformer) at the Fence and run Coax
Cable to the radio.

Any long wire fence can be dead serious business until it is tested.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (WShoots1)