Old July 13th 03, 04:34 PM
Paul Girling

Default PDA logging

Hi there all.

Just wondering if anyone out there uses their PDA to do their SW
logging? If so what do you use and what suggestions do you have? Been
using mine to log with recently as the noise from my PC makes
listening to the radio a bit hard.. Nothing fancy here with my PDA, in
fact just a notepad application is what I use. All comments and help
appreciated.

kind regards,

Paul.
VK3002SWL/ VK3ALE

Old July 13th 03, 04:58 PM
Joe Strain

Your asking me to read my own HANDWRITING ? Only NURSES can read my
handwriting...I have to ask them for translations! ;)

ECTUALLY I prefer the keyboard to enter loggable details needed for rpeorts
and my logging software enters tuned stations automatically

http://www.sillett.us.eu.org/swlog/

yodar

"Paul Girling" wrote in message

Hi there all.

Just wondering if anyone out there uses their PDA to do their SW
logging? Nothing fancy here with my PDA, in

Old July 13th 03, 08:01 PM
Robert

"Paul Girling" wrote in message

Hi there all.

Just wondering if anyone out there uses their PDA to do their SW
logging?

When I first started using my Zire 71 to control my RX-320, I did a
_little_ note-taking on the Palm, but I really prefer a pencil and notepad
of some sort. (I like the little pocket-size bound el-cheapo things.)

If so what do you use and what suggestions do you have?

I used the software that came with the machine - Memopad and
Graffiti2. There's probably a logging program out there, somewhere.

---

Old July 13th 03, 11:47 PM
Howard

One that I have been using and find has even a bit more than I need is
called Logger and is an "applet" written for the HanDBase palm
application. HanDBase is, as the name implies, a Data Base
application. Logger is written specifically for SW versus using one
of the Ham logging utilities so their are fields for info on the
station & the type of programming.

You can check out HanDBAase at http://www.ddhsoftware.com/
The applications are at
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/gallery.h...16394.46.92.80

I don't have any connection to the company other than being a
satisfied user of their product. They do have a trial version of the
program though I'm not sure how well it works with the applet's. It's
$25 US dollars for HanDBase and most applet's are freebie downloads.