Old July 14th 03, 02:10 AM
unidyne

Default BBC via WYFR?

I heard the BBC last night, IDing as being broadcast over "WYFR Okachobee".
Is there any schedules of BBC transmissions to North America via this, or
other stations?

Please e-mail me directly at . Thanks!

Old July 14th 03, 04:02 AM
WD4LCM

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:20:10 -0400, "extra crispy recipie"
wrote:

I could only *hope* that WYFR (Harold Camping's
incredibly boring shortwave service) was simply
re-broadcasting a tape of BBC Shortwave Service.

(Family Radio's AM/FM domestic
USA radio service holds the broadcast
record for being dead-last in the ratings books
for going on 2 Years - One must wonder if
the same people who fund Brother Stair also
fund Family Radio)

The mere thought of the BBC having to turn to
WYFR for broadcast airtime, gives me as much
pause to shudder as if NPR were to suddenly give an hour's
airtime coverage to the topic of professional wrestling...

Commence to shuddering. I don't think that they did a full hour, but I
seem to remember a discussion about it on "All Things Considered".
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+ William Pittman - Curator +
+ World War II - The Wireless War +
+ http://www.michnews.net/ww2 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Old July 14th 03, 01:54 PM
N8KDV

unidyne wrote:

I heard the BBC last night, IDing as being broadcast over "WYFR Okachobee".
Is there any schedules of BBC transmissions to North America via this, or
other stations?

Please e-mail me directly at . Thanks!

The BBC uses the transmitters of WYFR in Okeechobee, FL on 11835 from
0000-0300. After 0300 I believe the transmission shifts to the Delano site in
California.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old July 14th 03, 07:16 PM
extra crispy recipie

wrote:

[...]

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, this may be a prudent move as
WYFR is likely charging the BBC *peanuts*
to broadcast programming on their various facilities.
Problem is nobody is likely listening however.
Oh well. OK on "All Things Considered" on
NPR. I missed that particular program. ; )

Hey! Wonder if Brother Stair-meister will buy time on WYFR
in the near future? Wow, imagine Harold Camping and RG Stair
back to back? If that match-made-in-the-rubberoom don't turn yer brains
to lemon Jell-O....nothing will !

Old July 15th 03, 02:13 AM
unidyne

"N8KDV" wrote in message

unidyne wrote:

I heard the BBC last night, IDing as being broadcast over "WYFR

Okachobee".
Is there any schedules of BBC transmissions to North America via this,

or
other stations?

Please e-mail me directly at . Thanks!

The BBC uses the transmitters of WYFR in Okeechobee, FL on 11835 from
0000-0300. After 0300 I believe the transmission shifts to the Delano site

in
California.

What frequency is used at Delano, and how long do they broadcast on it?
(And this is a VoA transmitter, right?)

Old July 15th 03, 02:20 AM
N8KDV

unidyne wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

unidyne wrote:

I heard the BBC last night, IDing as being broadcast over "WYFR

Okachobee".
Is there any schedules of BBC transmissions to North America via this,

or
other stations?

Please e-mail me directly at . Thanks!

The BBC uses the transmitters of WYFR in Okeechobee, FL on 11835 from
0000-0300. After 0300 I believe the transmission shifts to the Delano site

in
California.

What frequency is used at Delano, and how long do they broadcast on it?
(And this is a VoA transmitter, right?)

11835, until 0500. And yes, it's a VOA transmitter.

Old July 15th 03, 06:43 PM
Stewart Mackenzie

A list of BBCWS realy sites can be found at http://www.bclnews.it/ Tis a
very good source for station schedules 2003! Good Listening and DX often!
--
Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Meet"

Old July 15th 03, 07:14 PM
Mike

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:43:50 GMT, "Stewart Mackenzie"
wrote:

A list of BBCWS realy sites can be found at http://www.bclnews.it/ Tis a
very good source for station schedules 2003! Good Listening and DX often!

If there's a list, I can't find it. The BBC schedule link seems to
only list their own sites.

Mike