Old July 18th 03, 12:00 AM
AbbN

Default Deutsche Welle

Hi,
Deutsche Welle is no longer broadcasting in English to North America.
However, thankfully Radio Netherlands still is and I get it pretty good in
this part of "Southern Ontario".
--
Take Care
Abb N

"Nic. Santean" wrote in message news:3f16f761@shknews01...
Do [Deutsche Welle] and [Radio France
International] broadcast English programs
toward North America ?

I have trouble spotting them from here -
Southern Ontario, Canada.

Cordially,

Nic. Santean
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic/

Old July 18th 03, 03:28 AM
Joe Negron

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 at 19:24 GMT, Nic. Santean wrote:
Do [Deutsche Welle] and [Radio France
International] broadcast English programs
toward North America ?

I have trouble spotting them from here -
Southern Ontario, Canada.

I haven't been able to get either in NYC.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

--Winston Churchill
Joe Negron from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Old July 18th 03, 09:06 AM
RHF

NS,

Here is the PRIME TIME SHORTWAVE - http://www.primetimeshortwave.com
English Language - Shortwave Broadcasts - Sorted by Country
Goto= http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/country.txt

Germany (DW) and France (RFI) do not direct their broadcasts to North
America; but you may try several of the Listed Frequencies and see
what you can receive from their current English Language Broadcasts to
other regions.

~ RHF
..
..

Old July 18th 03, 07:45 PM
Michalkun

"AbbN" wrote in
:

Hi,
Deutsche Welle is no longer broadcasting in English to North America.
However, thankfully Radio Netherlands still is and I get it pretty
good in this part of "Southern Ontario".

They are pretty good in Saskatchewan too.

Old July 18th 03, 08:32 PM
Nic. Santean

I have doubts to be able to tune to signals
originated in Europe and directed to regions
other than NA - Grundig S350 is good, but
not THAT good ...

Thanks for the URL.

Cordially,

Nic. Santean
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic

om...

Old July 18th 03, 11:08 PM
helmsman

On 18 Jul 2003 18:45:01 GMT, Michalkun wrote:

"AbbN" wrote in
m:

Hi,
Deutsche Welle is no longer broadcasting in English to North America.
However, thankfully Radio Netherlands still is and I get it pretty
good in this part of "Southern Ontario".

They are pretty good in Saskatchewan too.

Are you anywhere near TATE??
Doe's it still exist??
..
BOYCOTT French made products & DON'T vacation in France!
Old July 22nd 03, 11:04 PM
helmsman

On 21 Jul 2003 17:39:20 GMT, Michalkun wrote:

helmsman wrote in
:

On 18 Jul 2003 18:45:01 GMT, Michalkun wrote:

"AbbN" wrote in
m:

Hi,
Deutsche Welle is no longer broadcasting in English to North America.
However, thankfully Radio Netherlands still is and I get it pretty
good in this part of "Southern Ontario".

They are pretty good in Saskatchewan too.

Are you anywhere near TATE??
Doe's it still exist??

What's TATE?

Tate "is was" a very small place of less than 20 homes and a grain
elevater on a rail siding no more than 10 miles from semans.

..
BOYCOTT French made products & DON'T vacation in France!