Old July 19th 03, 03:26 PM
Wayne

Default Radio Nepal In English

Very Good Here SIO 454 on 5005 Khz @ 14:20 with a news bulletin

Wayne
Bunbury
Western Australia
UTC+8

Old July 19th 03, 03:51 PM
N8KDV

Wayne wrote:

Very Good Here SIO 454 on 5005 Khz @ 14:20 with a news bulletin

Wayne
Bunbury
Western Australia
UTC+8

One thing I always thought strange of Nepal is their funky timezone. UTC
+ 5:45.

Old July 19th 03, 06:08 PM
King Pineapple

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Wayne wrote:

Very Good Here SIO 454 on 5005 Khz @ 14:20 with a news bulletin

Wayne
Bunbury
Western Australia
UTC+8

One thing I always thought strange of Nepal is their funky timezone. UTC
+ 5:45.

I'm still waiting to see a reliable and credible reception report for Nepal
from the US. I've tried for years, and a faint het has been all that I have
been able to muster...

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963

Old July 19th 03, 10:11 PM
John Barnard

I managed to hear them once on 5005 kHz and 7165 kHz on the same day (parallel
frequencies) during the winter when I lived in Waterloo, Ontario. Only time
that I've heard them in 26 years of DXing. Sheesh!

John Barnard

Old July 19th 03, 10:14 PM
N8KDV

King Pineapple wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Wayne wrote:

Very Good Here SIO 454 on 5005 Khz @ 14:20 with a news bulletin

Wayne
Bunbury
Western Australia
UTC+8

One thing I always thought strange of Nepal is their funky timezone. UTC
+ 5:45.

I'm still waiting to see a reliable and credible reception report for Nepal
from the US. I've tried for years, and a faint het has been all that I have
been able to muster...

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

I havn't tried for them in years, but used to get pretty good reception here on
5005 in the early morning hours in the winter.

I've received two QSL's from them.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old July 20th 03, 12:46 AM
Wayne

My QSL card holds pride of place in my album next to my Afghanistan Radio &
Tv, St. Helena 11092.5 Khz and Radio Damascus - Syria Cards.
The card dated 8th May 1994 confirms reception on freq 3230Khz at 14:15 -
14:29 and shows the town of Pokhara, Nepals second largest town also showing
a beautiful ice caped mountain range in the background.

Wayne

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Old July 20th 03, 10:41 AM
starman

Wayne wrote:

Very Good Here SIO 454 on 5005 Khz @ 14:20 with a news bulletin

Wayne
Bunbury
Western Australia
UTC+8

Not an easy catch in eastern NA. We'll probably have to wait until
winter to try for it. Do they use the same frequency year round?