Old July 31st 03, 05:19 AM
Al Patrick

Default Parody of a SW broadcaster

The following is a quickly thrown together parody by a rank amateur. :-) You can guess which SW broadcaster it is. Hint. If you listen to 12.160 in the mornings you might hear him.

Al

-----------

PARODY OF A SW BROADCASTER

Ladies and Gentlemen, there ain't nobody telling you the truth about
what is going to happen to America. They are preaching a social gospel.
They are preaching a prosperity gospel. And that reminds me, you need to
SOW your seed into this ministry so God will bless you!

I can't afford to send out my begging letter to you right now, but
you'll have it in about a week. I can't afford postage stamps for my
begging letter to you, but I'm willing to go to Alabama to stand in
front of that fork lift or tank to keep them from taking down them there
ten commandments. You notice I didn't say I'd be there. I just said I
was willing to go! Now how many of YOU are willing to go and stand
there to prevent them from taking down that big plaque?

Let's get back to that offering you're going to send in so the Lord can
bless you. You don't sow weeds and expect to reap wheat. You've got to
SOW good seed. Dig deep and help me become a tv star. Uuuuh, I mean
dig deep and help we win souls for Jesus. Send me the best offering you
possibly can and I'll send you a piece of plastic. I tell the things
you'll NEVER hear on TV. Send me your money so I can tell people on tv
the things I recently said they'd never hear on TV. We're going to have
a 24 hour Christian broadcast. (That's the long range plan.) Right now
we plan to start with a 30 minute broadcast.

OH! Did you see that mature thunderhead the other evening? The weather
man will tell you that ALL MATURE thunderheads look a bit like a mushroom
cloud but this WAS a mushroom cloud cloud. The whole family saw it and
there ain't no mistake'in it! God is going to judge America. North
Korea is going to bomb America if we stop any of their ships or
airlines. He's a WILD man. He'll do it! That mature thunderhead was a
warning from God. Ask my son! He knew I'd see it, even though he was
miles away. Show nuff, I did see it. Send me your money so I can tell
others about that cloud I saw in the sky. Send me your money so I can
compete with the big news boys.

Send me your money so I can warn people about those evil Christian
Identity folks. No. I don't know of any of them what ever had a gun
manufacturer for a sponsor. I sure wish I did. Then I could really
accuse them of things. Anyway, it was all right for the gun
manufacturer to sponsor me because I'm the good guy. See, I even wear a
white hat, just like the Dodge Boys used to wear. So come on now! Send
me that money so every time you see me on TV you can say, I helped buy
that microphone or that camera! Yes, Sir! You'll get more joy out of
that than a little. Just think. YOU did it! Now get that money on the
way. You can send it via air mail, email or snail mail. But we really
need it so go to our web site and let us draft it right now from your
credit card before you change your mind.

Well, I got to go. It's time for that Brand "X" preacher to come on.
But before I do. Let me tell you one more time. Call BR-549 and give
the girls you credit card number. We need the seed money so we can send
out our begging letter! ... And so the Lord can bless YOU!

We'll say, "Bye now!" Till we hear from you we'll be sitting here on
this sack o' seed (Seed MONEY, that is) -- waiting on YOUR SEED offering!