Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th 03, 03:26 AM
Warpcore

Default Please explain the difference

Between a balanced line and unbalanced line in a shortwave receiver.

My antenna connects via alligator clips to the center conductor of a piece
of coax that connects to the receiver, radio shack dx 394.

The antenna works fairly well, given that I can connect what I want.
However, some times the static from the power lines and flourescent street
lights is really nasty, and I think I have read that an unbalanced line can
be rid of most intereference if it s balanced, but not being an amateur
radio operator, I am at a loss to undesrstand the difference between
balanced and unbalanced lines and this place seems to be one where I can ask
the question s. THANKS.