RadioBanter

-   -   Comment: $20 jWIN radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37587-re-comment-%2420-jwin-radio.html)

Diverd4777 August 5th 03 12:36 PM

Comment: $20 jWIN radio

Hi Bill, K5BY

Thanks for your report on the $20 Jwin; its fascinating to see how much
electronic OOmph can be bought on the cheap.

A GOOD tunable preamp (not any of that MJF crap) in front of the jWIN would
probably help a bunch.

- So:
WHATS a good, tunable Pre amp and where can I buy one ??

( just gought a B & H $9.95 9 band; probaly more or less the same electronics
as the Jwin)

Dan ( Listening to 9.580,( more or less) on the B & H )

Bob Liesenfeld August 5th 03 03:50 PM

WShoots1 wrote:

I finally found an operational shortcoming in this neat little receiver.

Hmmmm.....sounds interesting. Could you post a bit of information on what kind
of radio this is?
Thanks!

Bob WB0POQ

Bob Liesenfeld August 5th 03 06:56 PM

Soames123 wrote:

BoB:
Look below

http://www.radios4you.com/jwin-JXM14-radio.html

http://www.wildwestelectronics.net/shorrad.html

Thanks!

The Dawn Soliloquy August 5th 03 11:27 PM

Looks like an interesting radio. Where did you buy yours?

In article ,
(WShoots1) wrote:
I finally found an operational shortcoming in this neat little receiver.

73,
Bill, K5BY

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.