Old August 5th 03, 12:36 PM
Diverd4777

Default Comment: $20 jWIN radio

Hi Bill, K5BY

Thanks for your report on the $20 Jwin; its fascinating to see how much
electronic OOmph can be bought on the cheap.

A GOOD tunable preamp (not any of that MJF crap) in front of the jWIN would
probably help a bunch.

- So:
WHATS a good, tunable Pre amp and where can I buy one ??

( just gought a B & H $9.95 9 band; probaly more or less the same electronics
as the Jwin)

Dan ( Listening to 9.580,( more or less) on the B & H )
Old August 5th 03, 03:50 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

WShoots1 wrote:

I finally found an operational shortcoming in this neat little receiver.

Hmmmm.....sounds interesting. Could you post a bit of information on what kind
of radio this is?
Thanks!

Bob WB0POQ

Old August 5th 03, 06:56 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

Soames123 wrote:

BoB:
Look below

http://www.radios4you.com/jwin-JXM14-radio.html

http://www.wildwestelectronics.net/shorrad.html

Thanks!

Old August 5th 03, 11:27 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Looks like an interesting radio. Where did you buy yours?

In article ,
(WShoots1) wrote:
I finally found an operational shortcoming in this neat little receiver.

73,
Bill, K5BY

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.