Old August 6th 03, 08:40 PM
Stewart Mackenzie

Default 15.065

It could be Saudi Arabia as I believe they had a frequency in that area not
to long ago.

--
Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Meet"

"Warpcore" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I heard a broadcast in arabic on 15.065 at 18:12 consisting of a muslim
prayers. The brodcast ended with a natioanl anthem and sign off at 19:02.

I did not see an entry in Passport to Worldband Radio and am wondering if
someone else can shed light on who it might have been. I am suspecting

Iran.
Thanks

Old August 6th 03, 11:43 PM
Warpcore

I hope no one takes me for a smart-ass g. I hope no one gets insulted by
my attempts at humor either I don't have any intention of insulting
anyone, and I am most grateful for the assistance provided here ^5.

nk.net...

Old August 7th 03, 01:55 AM
tommyknocker

Stewart Mackenzie wrote:

It could be Saudi Arabia as I believe they had a frequency in that area not
to long ago.

The Saudis are on 15.170, not 15.070.

Old August 7th 03, 08:47 AM
starman

tommyknocker wrote:

Stewart Mackenzie wrote:

It could be Saudi Arabia as I believe they had a frequency in that area not
to long ago.

The Saudis are on 15.170, not 15.070.

BTW- Why did the BBC have to give up 15070 when there are still
broadcasters operating below 15100?