Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7th 03, 02:03 PM
Soames123

Default This is no time for a month's vacation, Georgie, your war's not won. Our troops are dying.

( Heard this on 13.655 USB )
The simple truth is that the interests of the Bush administration's primary
constituency, corporate America, do not coincide with the fundamental interests
of workaday Americans. On the business side of this divide, increased profits
are realized by showing the door to as many workers as possible, and squeezing
the remainder to the bursting point.

And then there's the ominous trend of sending higher-skilled jobs overseas to
low-wage places like India and China, an upscale reprise of the sweatshop
phenomenon that erased so many U.S. manufacturing jobs over the past quarter
century.

Working Americans need jobs just to survive. But the Bush administration
equates the national interest with corporate interests, and in that equation
workers can only lose.