Old August 11th 03, 01:40 AM
starman

Default Spanish UNID on 6956

Did anyone hear the station on 6956.(65) late last night (Sat. morning),
about 0930-UTC? They were playing Spanish music and the announcer was
speaking Spanish. The signal was quite weak at my QTH. (Northeast,US)

Old August 11th 03, 10:06 PM
RedOctober90

N8KDV wrote in message ...
starman wrote:

Did anyone hear the station on 6956.(65) late last night (Sat. morning),
about 0930-UTC? They were playing Spanish music and the announcer was
speaking Spanish. The signal was quite weak at my QTH. (Northeast,US)

Possibly Radio La Voz del Campesino, Huarmaca, Peru. The frequency fits.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

I hear them frequently while listening for pirates in this area.
Doesen't come in too well but it's there.
Old August 11th 03, 10:51 PM
yazoo63

Yeah, that stationed faked me out when i first started pirate hunting in
that area. Plus that Israeli Defense Force station on 6973.1

"RedOctober90" wrote in message
om...

Old August 11th 03, 11:52 PM
tommyknocker

yazoo63 wrote:

Yeah, that stationed faked me out when i first started pirate hunting in
that area. Plus that Israeli Defense Force station on 6973.1

That's Galei Zahal, the station for Israeli troops in the occupied
areas. I haven't heard them, but most reports have them playing techno
music so it can easily be mistaken for a pirate.

N8KDV wrote in message

starman wrote:

Did anyone hear the station on 6956.(65) late last night (Sat.

morning),
about 0930-UTC? They were playing Spanish music and the announcer was
speaking Spanish. The signal was quite weak at my QTH. (Northeast,US)

Possibly Radio La Voz del Campesino, Huarmaca, Peru. The frequency fits.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

I hear them frequently while listening for pirates in this area.
Doesen't come in too well but it's there.

Spanish pirates outnumber legal stations by 2-1 Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 21st 04 03:34 AM
OT.....Vidalia Onions Steveo CB 51 June 26th 04 04:49 AM
MilAir Monitoring from KeyWest - Lots of Comms! GeorgeF Scanner 1 May 13th 04 09:37 PM
North-Central Florida Mil Logs 9/3/2003 GeorgeF Scanner 0 September 4th 03 01:15 AM
1680 AM Spanish Eddie Kerwin Shortwave 0 July 10th 03 03:54 AM