RadioBanter

-   -   AR7030 SYNC Problems (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37721-ar7030-sync-problems.html)

Ottod August 13th 03 01:52 AM

AR7030 SYNC Problems

I have a problem with my AR7030, when I use the sync mode after the receiver
locks a station immediately I start hearing a like a sideband spurious or
heterodyne noise. It sound to me like moves a few Hz from the center
frequency. I performed the service bulleting "Sync detector adjustment" but
the problem persist..

However it works fine in AM.

Any advice?

Stephan Grossklass August 13th 03 05:20 PM

Ottod schrieb:

I have a problem with my AR7030, when I use the sync mode after the receiver
locks a station immediately I start hearing a like a sideband spurious or
heterodyne noise.

This could be the well-documented low-level het, just about the only
weakness of the sync detector. Noticed it on my 7030+, too. (Which BTW
needs repair - scratchy tuning knob :(.)

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 256 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W