Old August 13th 03, 01:52 AM
Ottod

Default AR7030 SYNC Problems

I have a problem with my AR7030, when I use the sync mode after the receiver
locks a station immediately I start hearing a like a sideband spurious or
heterodyne noise. It sound to me like moves a few Hz from the center
frequency. I performed the service bulleting "Sync detector adjustment" but
the problem persist..

However it works fine in AM.

Any advice?

Old August 13th 03, 05:20 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Ottod schrieb:

I have a problem with my AR7030, when I use the sync mode after the receiver
locks a station immediately I start hearing a like a sideband spurious or
heterodyne noise.

This could be the well-documented low-level het, just about the only
weakness of the sync detector. Noticed it on my 7030+, too. (Which BTW
needs repair - scratchy tuning knob .)

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 256 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W