Old August 14th 03, 02:56 AM
tommyknocker

Default ITT Schaub-Lorenz Viola de luxe

Miha Rus wrote:

Hello.

I've just bought the upper German radio for couple of dolars in local
currency. It's a nice set, unfortunately all AM bands are deaf. I've opened
the radio and found quite long feritte antenna quite intact. I think
something else would be out of order. Could someone possibly give me a hint?

Miha Rus, Log pri Brezovici, Slovenija

My first thought is that you have a bad tube. I had a tube radio go deaf
on me once and it turned out to be the rectifier (IIRC). Take all the
tubes and test them. If you can't find a tester in an electronics store,
you may have to ask a ham. You should be able to easily get EI
(Elekstronica Industrija) tubes where you are, since they were made in
either Serbia or Bosnia (I can't remember). They are excellent tubes. If
all your tubes test good, you will have to look at capacitors, which are
not easy to replace in German sets.