Old August 31st 03, 05:32 AM
dxlover

'K.. just finished with the experiment. Select-a-Tenna works virtual
miracles on AMBCB..

I had a feeling it would, I didn't picture 'miracles'.....but generally,
the crappier the radio, the better the loop helps improve it.

Example: That GE I got from you. Basically a loop does absolutely 'ziltch'
for it unless listening to/for a 'very' weak station, then it helps.

Thanks for the update, and no, I didn't expect a DX machine...lol...I have
enough pieces around here for that. ;-)

Take care Brenda Ann :-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***

Old August 31st 03, 06:26 AM
dxlover

Great write up Bill and nice link also. :-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***
"WShoots1" wrote in message
Here's my full report on the jWIN radio:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-jwinjxm14.htm

For reports on some other radioos, go to:

http://www.radiointel.com

73,
Bill, K5BY

Old August 31st 03, 10:15 PM
Randy Padawer

dxlover, now I'm the one who needs a real newsreader -- sorry I missed
your response! The company I bought mine from was
hififorless.com. Their phone number is 1-888-440-9307. Here's
a link to the radio itself:
http://www.hififorless.com/acatalog/...JWIN_1297.html

They took about a week to get it here (I posted the UPS tracking
link earlier in this thread).

Neat little radio for ~$16 incl. shipping!

Randy (WA4FJF)

"dxlover" wrote in message t...
Uhh, dxlover, my shipping was $5.95 (per my messages earlier in this
thread). My total was $10.49 for the radio plus $5.95 shipping via
UPS = $16.44. For a digital playtoy, that's not too bad. In any
event, there were at least a few in this newsgroup who purchased the
radio for twice that at JohnsonSmith, so I suppose this is a good deal
in comparison.

Randy (WA4FJF)

Oh, I see. Thanks Randy, I truly have to get a real newsreader because I
seem to be missing out on some posts.

Can you tell me the the mailing address of the company if you could be so
kind. Thank you, btw, I know what you mean by the price and the 'play
toy' thing, I just didn't know if they were gouging to make up the
difference on the receiver is all.

Old September 1st 03, 05:35 AM
dxlover

Thanks for the link Randy, I'll take a look at it tomorrow/today. :-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***
om...