Old August 16th 03, 04:39 PM
Tom Betz

Default News to me -- DX-396 has GREAT selectivity!

The blackout gave me a rare opportunity (living in lower Westchester County,
NY) for AM DXing without having to fight ubiquitous electrical interference,
and I was AMAZED by the adjacent-channel selectivity of my DX-396, especially
combined with the cheap RatShack tunable loop. There was nearly-listenable
signal on about half the frequencies in the broadcast band!

Geez, makes me want to move out to the country again.

Old August 16th 03, 09:07 PM
Dale Parfitt

Tom Betz wrote:

The blackout gave me a rare opportunity (living in lower Westchester County,
NY) for AM DXing without having to fight ubiquitous electrical interference,
and I was AMAZED by the adjacent-channel selectivity of my DX-396, especially
combined with the cheap RatShack tunable loop. There was nearly-listenable
signal on about half the frequencies in the broadcast band!

Geez, makes me want to move out to the country again.

AM channels are spaced 10 KHz apart- not a very rigid selectivity spec.

Dale