Old August 22nd 03, 06:23 AM
Joe

Interesting ! Well its wasn't workbench of R-390s so I assume no problem
........Who knows,
No more bout this, to many bad jokes in my inbox

-Joe

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
Joe::
( off topic, but interesting)

look a the bottom line on this chart: & the middle

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/cgi-bin...s/24hr_heli.pl

At 14:30 theres a bunch of stuff in the middle ( New Zealand's ??)

~23 55 UTC there is some activity.. lower right on the chart..
this correlates fairly well with your observation of 6:39.

- So its "a possible seismic event", that needs a bit more investigation

prove or disprove it...

I mean, is their clock set on the PC that generates these graphs, etc.

call them in the A.M & see what they say;
meantime call the local police; they doubtless got a few calls you can use

when
you contact them

If the deck was shaking & water in a pail was moving around,

either its a huge Sea Monster coming to life under long Island,
An alien space ship about to emerge

- Or its an earthquake !!

Dan

In article , "Joe"
writes:

Just felt some not shaking but more vertical "hopping" here off the water

in
the Port Washington City Island (NY area), no heavy trucks in sight. 6:39
EST.
Anyone have anything ?

-Joe

Old August 22nd 03, 06:27 AM
WShoots1

Nothing in Long Island.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Bill, K5BY
Old August 22nd 03, 01:42 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

Warpcore wrote:

http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/
I remember an earthquake here in Puget Sound that caused disturbances of the
sort you observed all the way down in Louisiana.

I recall a few years ago I was sitting on a couch in a 3rd floor apartment and
felt a couple of 'bounces'. I looked out the window for the truck I expected to
see rumbling down the street......nada......Then later that day we heard about a
small earthquake about 100 miles west of us at the same time. This was in
Minnesota....the land of frozen rock.

Bob

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #681 Tedd Mirgliotta General 1 October 17th 04 11:25 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta General 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
Base Antenna Mounting Zeeeeeeee3 CB 110 February 23rd 04 03:55 AM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #619 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 20th 03 08:58 PM