Old September 1st 03, 02:03 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Default FS: BCB-DX radio (Danish trawler radio)

German to English translation of the E-Bay Acution. From
http://babelfish.altavista.com/ Not a perfect translation I suspect, but at
least I can read it now.

At the end of of 1964 came this equipment of the Danish manufacturer FR radio
as "Sailor 46T" on the market. It was meant for the Telefoniebetrieb in the
grenzwellenbereich on small cargo ships, in the fishery and on yachts. The
wholly solid state receiver worked on 12, 24 or 32 V main battery (or with 6
commercial mono cells) within the four ranges 150-285 kHz, 225-425 kHz,
525-1605 kHz and 1595-4000 kHz. For the receipt of Telegrafiesendungen a not
variable hererodyne could be connected. HF- and NF reinforcement were
separately regulated.

The "Sailor 46T" was used frequently together with Grenzwellensender "Sailor
26D" as border wave telephone. Detail photo here approx. 130 KB At this
equipment a digital Counter of Moeller and Lehmann Typ:IP65 was later
installed (see photos). The condition of the lacquer and that of the control
elements is still quite good. Only the protective cover of the clamps of the
external current supply is missing. The equipment functioned with me
perfectly, although I used as antenna only one wire. Questions are not
answered naturally if also always immediately. I, the dispatch the collection
take over the Ebay fees am your portion.

In article , --- Bill --- wrote:

Update: I just spotted one of these on German ebay with 6 days to go.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=13 2
Tell ya what, if that one goes for less than my asking price (less $20
for the little counter) then I'll sell mine at the same.

Inqui
exray at coqui dot net. My newsgroup access is giving me a fit these
days so I can't be trusted to reply here.

Thanks
Bill

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.
Old September 3rd 03, 02:34 PM
Pete KE9OA

It looks pretty good, with the 3-gang tuning capacitor, and the large high Q
coils in the front end. I wouldn't be surprised if they were wound with Litz
wire, like some of the other European portables. Good price!

Pete