Old September 12th 03, 03:37 PM
Warpcore

Default Highway Advisory Radio

Washington State and, I think, other states, have Department of
Transportation Highway Advisory Radio: small low power AM transmitters in
and around cities or near passes to provide important information to
travellers. Where I am, Issaquah, Washington, I can hear KNCL 518 Tukwila,
and knez 390 Northup. I used to be able to hear KNEZ 390 Eastgate, but I
think they have that shut down now for some reason. It usually activates if
there is snow in the mountain passes. All of the stations mentioned here are
on 530 Khz. There are others on 1710 Khz.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...oogle+Sear ch

Take a look at the info at the link above. I found a PDF file that is an
operations manual for the console that operates the radios, but it is 500Kb
S.

I got cute teeth & claws meow

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews Policy 0 June 16th 04 08:35 PM
Amateur Radio Newslineâ„¢ Report 1384 February 20, 2004 Radionews General 0 February 27th 04 09:40 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1379 – January 16, 2004 Radionews CB 0 January 18th 04 09:36 PM