RadioBanter

-   -   ICF-2010 volume control (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38215-icf-2010-volume-control.html)

Paul Pigott September 16th 03 03:41 PM

ICF-2010 volume control

I recently purchased a 2010 on e-bay with a fualty volume control. the
protentiometer is shot making listening virtually impossible (it's
either blasting loud or too quiet to hear) I'm looking for advice on
where to purchase the replacement part for this great old radio...

Henry Kolesnik September 16th 03 06:46 PM

Have you tried a little spray volume control cleaner yet?
the stuff at Radio shack is just OK but there's a better one, about $12.00 a
can and worth it..
But I can't look at the can because I loaned it out.
73
hank wd5jfr
om...

starman September 16th 03 10:51 PM

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Have you tried a little spray volume control cleaner yet?
the stuff at Radio shack is just OK but there's a better one, about $12.00 a
can and worth it..
But I can't look at the can because I loaned it out.

It's called 'DeOxIt'.

WShoots1 September 17th 03 03:48 AM

I'm looking for advice on where to purchase the replacement part for this
great old radio.

In the old days, I'd take the cover off the back of the pot and, if the bad
spot was bare and not just dirty, I'd rub the spot lightly with a soft "lead"
(actually carbon) pencil, no harder than a common #2.

73,
Bill, K5BY

WShoots1 September 18th 03 04:46 AM

Me: I'd rub the spot lightly with a soft "lead" (actually carbon) pencil,

I meant "graphite," not carbon, although graphite is a soft carbon and it does
conduct electricity.

Bill, K5BY