Old September 16th 03, 03:41 PM
Paul Pigott

Default ICF-2010 volume control

I recently purchased a 2010 on e-bay with a fualty volume control. the
protentiometer is shot making listening virtually impossible (it's
either blasting loud or too quiet to hear) I'm looking for advice on
where to purchase the replacement part for this great old radio...
Old September 16th 03, 06:46 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Have you tried a little spray volume control cleaner yet?
the stuff at Radio shack is just OK but there's a better one, about $12.00 a
can and worth it..
But I can't look at the can because I loaned it out.
73
hank wd5jfr
om...

Old September 16th 03, 10:51 PM
starman

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Have you tried a little spray volume control cleaner yet?
the stuff at Radio shack is just OK but there's a better one, about $12.00 a
can and worth it..
But I can't look at the can because I loaned it out.

It's called 'DeOxIt'.

Old September 17th 03, 03:48 AM
WShoots1

I'm looking for advice on where to purchase the replacement part for this
great old radio.

In the old days, I'd take the cover off the back of the pot and, if the bad
spot was bare and not just dirty, I'd rub the spot lightly with a soft "lead"
(actually carbon) pencil, no harder than a common #2.

73,
Bill, K5BY
Old September 18th 03, 04:46 AM
WShoots1

Me: I'd rub the spot lightly with a soft "lead" (actually carbon) pencil,

I meant "graphite," not carbon, although graphite is a soft carbon and it does
conduct electricity.

Bill, K5BY

Content Control Dave Heil Policy 24 January 20th 05 05:20 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Sangean RS-330 volume control is bonkers Hiram Hackenbacker General 1 June 23rd 04 08:39 AM
a page of motorola 2way 2 way portable and mobile radio history john private smith Policy 0 December 22nd 03 02:42 AM
help - noisy volume control and switches Surfer Shortwave 2 September 10th 03 07:14 AM