Old September 20th 03, 01:54 PM
Ruffin Bailey

Default Can shortwave get me WJFK/Redskins games?! ;^)

For some weird licensing reasons, there are a few NFL teams whose
radio broadcasts are not transmitted over the Internet. Unfortunately
these include the Redskins and their division rivals, the NY Giants
and the Dallas Cowboys, so I'm losing at least four games every season
from the 'net.

I've been Googling a little to see if I could get WJFK's broadcast,
the flagship of the Skins' broadcasts, on shortwave. I am,
unfortunately, a complete shortwave newbie. Used to listen to Brain
of Britain on shortwave a little when I could get it on the BBC, but
that's about it.

Now I've Googled up that apparently some pirate stations do, in fact,
broadcast WJFK. Can anyone give me a little context on that? Are
these stations on for relatively long periods of time (for, say, eight
or more hours, maybe days, rather than just an hour or two here and
there) when you catch them? Do I need better shortwave hardware to
get the signal reliably? (I'm in southern SC, fwiw)

Thanks for your help!

Ruffin Bailey
rufwork at ye old "hotmail dot com"
Old September 22nd 03, 05:26 PM
elg110254

Only if Armed Forces Network schedules them. If they have any late Sunday or
Monday night games on their schedule, you'll be able to hear WestWood
One/C.B.S. Radio simucasts. Remember when WRNO used to broadcast all New
Orleans Saints games?

I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
Announcement: Shortwave Programming Discussion E-list Richard C Shortwave 0 August 14th 03 01:33 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM