Old September 21st 03, 11:09 PM
Benjamaniac

Default UTC clock

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

Old September 21st 03, 11:36 PM
The Axelrods

Try MFJ or go to the Universal Radio web site. Both have some choices that make
fit your needs

Shawn

--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER

Old September 22nd 03, 02:05 AM
JA

On Sun, 21 September 2003 04:09 pm , Benjamaniac
posted:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just
sit on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

Take a look at some of the radio dealer websites
www.grove-ent.com or
universal if in USA, if in Canada, look at radioworld and durham radio. I
have an MJF wrist watch which gets time signal from WWV, not UTC, but
exact. 24 clocks are certainly available. You might have to call: often
little accessories are not on websites, or get a catalogue.

-JA

Sent from highly stable, never crashing Linux. Windo$e free in 2003!
Old September 22nd 03, 02:43 AM
JA

On Sun, 21 September 2003 06:03 pm , CW
posted:

MFJ.

Thnaks for corrceting my spellnig! I'm even wearing the dang thing when I
posted. :-\

Old September 22nd 03, 03:32 AM

Benjamaniac wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

A while back I picked up a small UTC desk clock made by Amano on ebay.
It makes a phone call every month to update it's time settings. Has a
bright LED display, and gives dd (date of month), and hh:mm:ss

Nice item - case is cast aluminum.

Old September 22nd 03, 03:55 AM
Tony Meloche

" wrote:

Benjamaniac wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

EBay is a great place to find one of these. Mine is a foot-wide analog
by MFJ that I got (barely) used for ten bucks. Runs forever on an AA
battery, and is very accurate. If you're willing to part with some coin
and do a little rigging, you can frequently find ones from old Navy
destroyers and the like - very cool.

Tony

Old September 22nd 03, 04:30 AM
WShoots1

???

My DX-392 has a dual 24-hour clock with alarm (and tape turn on) capability. I
have one set for UTC.

My eTR7 has a 24-hour clock with alarm. I have it on local time but I may reset
it to UTC.

Bill, K5BY
Old September 22nd 03, 04:45 AM
Benjamaniac

Thanks for all the help guys )) I really appreciate it. I think
I'll be able to find one now.
Ben

Old September 22nd 03, 03:31 PM
Spurious Noise

MFJ-113 12/24 Hour Desk Clock -- AC power and a 9 volt battery backup

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-113

More MFJ Clocks at URL:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?catid=135

--