Old September 24th 03, 05:29 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I am getting them as well, up to 1000 per day, at least I can use my ISP's
webmail email server to delete the emails at that point before they are
downloaded to my PC. Although I am quite sure these darned emails are
flooding email servers around the world, cluttering them up.......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Joe" wrote in message
Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

"Alex Pozzy" wrote in message
.. .
I'm getting slammed with these emails all friggin' day. I downloaded

the
fix from symantec, and it says I don't have the virus. Any idea how I

stop
the emails?

thanks,
Alex
"Doug Freese" wrote in message
Thius is the swen virus. See

--
Doug Freese

Old September 24th 03, 11:45 AM
Diverd4777

Default VIRUS Watch this corrective package from MS Corp.

Stacey,

Thanks for the advice..

Dan

In article , Stacey
writes:

Joe wrote:

I did complain to my ISP but they seem at a loss in regards to filtering
at this stage.

what mail program to u suggest outside of outlook??

I recomend mozilla. Free download and works identical for all purposes
except it's not a virus magnet. Even has an import utility which after you
use and find everything working I would UNINSTALL outlook express
altogether. BTW after you use the web browser, you might give up on IE as
well! It's a shame you can't uninstall IE as well but MS made sure you
couldn't do that..

--

Stacey

Old September 24th 03, 03:58 PM
Keith V

I'm also getting 2-300 per day.

Van,
K0KAV

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
I am getting them as well, up to 1000 per day, at least I can use my ISP's
webmail email server to delete the emails at that point before they are
downloaded to my PC. Although I am quite sure these darned emails are
flooding email servers around the world, cluttering them up.......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
--. --- -.. ... .- -. --. . .-.. ... .- .-. . ..-. .. .-. . ..-.
.. --. .... - . .-. ...
"Joe" wrote in message
Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

.. .

Old September 24th 03, 04:52 PM
dbn

Same here, getting 50-75 a day but Postini is stopping them all before they
get to me.

what a pain

Dan

--
If I am tired now, why do I have to RETIRE later?

Old September 24th 03, 10:19 PM
K5JOE

I am getting the same thing, I have a mail forwarding service from the
people that I bought my Domain Name from and they are catching about 15 or
20 per day and sending me a message that they caught the Worm before it got
to me.
Must be a world wide attack.
K5JOE

"Joe" wrote in message
Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

.. .

Old September 24th 03, 11:17 PM
Brian Colwell

"Joe" wrote in message
Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

"Alex Pozzy" wrote in message
.. .
I'm getting slammed with these emails all friggin' day. I downloaded

the
fix from symantec, and it says I don't have the virus. Any idea how I

stop
the emails?

thanks,
Alex
"Doug Freese" wrote in message
Thius is the swen virus. See

--
Doug Freese

And I was feeling sorry for myself because I was getting a couple of hundred
a day...:-))....Today was better, only received 50 !!!

BMC

Old September 24th 03, 11:48 PM
Mark V. Russo

Norton anti-virus picked up every bad e-mail and it told me what it was.
Cable told me I had a virus and go to the norton site and get the fix.
I got the fix (a few of them in fact) and ran them many times.
It reported there was *NO* virus of that type on my system.
The answer (as far as I know) that my netscape somehow got corrupt.
I uninstalled it and installed Netscape 7.1.
Problem solved!!!
Cable with all their help did not help!

I have a router with a hardware firewall and am using zonealarm pro.
When any e-mail goes out or comes in

to this computer norton scans it. I was using Netscape 4.79, and
liked it. After I uninstalled 4.79 and installed
netscape 7.1 ALL problems were gone!!! Have NOT seen any bogus
e-mails since

Just my .02 cents
73

"Joe" wrote in message

Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

m...

Old September 25th 03, 02:09 AM
Joe Olig

"Tom" wrote in message ...
Try Mailwasher...it's a nice little freebie which lets you delete on the
server..you can upgrade to do more.
Tom

"Stacey" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

how do you get them to go to the deleted box? i try creating rules and
blocking them, but they keep coming thru from different addresses etc.

Unless you can block attachments over X amount at the server end, it's
useless as it will fill up your box on their server in no time. You need

BITCH to your ISP and if they say there is nothing they can do, get

another
ISP. My ISP (bellsouth.net) has blocked all of this crap so far.

I guess you could set up a mail reader to download mail every few minutes
and delete any mail with attachments over 125K. You might miss a little
stuff but at least you won't have to deal with manually deleting
everything. Again write some hate mail to MS as this is THEIR FAULT for
making such an insecure by default OS.
--

Stacey

Yes, I downloaded Mailwasher and it works just slick!!
Old September 26th 03, 06:13 PM
Randylands

Ive been getting Flooding with this MS patch stuff the last 2 weeks, I get at
least 10 a day, Im going to try Mailwasher, AOL is NO help what so ever..
Thanks, Randy..
Old September 26th 03, 06:17 PM
Randylands

Man, I thought I had it bad getting a dozen or so of these daily.... Some of
you guys are getting in the hundreds per day.... Its a real pain getting this
crap..... And AOL is No help what so ever..... Im going to try Mailwasher and
see if it helps..... Thanks, Randy.....