Old September 24th 03, 06:04 PM

Default Hi ...please instruct a newbie how to get a latin spanish radio station?

Hi, I'm learning Spanish. Can anyone instruct me how to pick up a
radio stn in Argentina etc.....Can it be done over the internet, or if
I need to buy a radio...please tell me what I need to do.....I'm
uneducated in this field,....so all advice is appreciated.
thanks,
Jm

Old September 24th 03, 07:23 PM
Warpcore

Radio Exterior de Espana ought to be easilly heard in Argentina I would
think. Try 15.130 .

Old September 25th 03, 12:22 AM
Tony Meloche

Hi, I'm learning Spanish. Can anyone instruct me how to pick up a
radio stn in Argentina etc.....Can it be done over the internet, or if
I need to buy a radio...please tell me what I need to do.....I'm
uneducated in this field,....so all advice is appreciated.
thanks,
Jm

I'm sure you can get some shortwave stations on the internet in
Spanish, but it's a lot more fun to get a SW portable and a roll-up
antenna, and start listening to the world. With careful shopping, you
can do this adequately for your purposes for about $100, entry level.

You can always reliably get REI (Spanish Exterior Radio), a variety
of places around the dial, and there are many countries that have strong
broadcasts to the Americas in Spanish: Deutche Welle, Radio Moscow,
Voice of Greece, just to name a few. Here in the USA from Washington,
comes "Radio Marti", which broadcasts directly to Cuba. You can almost
always get that lots of places on the dial (and it will also give you a
chance to hear what "jamming" sounds like - the Cuban government tries -
not very succesfully - to "jam" it).

Those are just the highlights. Next to English, I would say Spanish
is the most widely-heard language in SW listening. Don't be suprised if
you find yourself immersed in a new and very addictive hobby, though!

Tony