Old September 24th 03, 07:17 PM
Warpcore

Default Courts again

http://start.earthlink.net/newsartic...7TOSDU80_story

I'm glad I did not bother. However, if I were one of the people who had put
their faith in the government, I would be mad as hell right now.

Someone needs to figure out who has the duty and the right to make the laws
in this country: Congress or the courts ? It's getting to the point where
only the government has rights because it can get a court somewhere to over
rule the wishes of the people in voting and the wishes of the people as
expressed by actions of duly elected representitives.

I got cute teeth & claws meow

Old September 24th 03, 11:45 PM
RHF

WC,

So "Freedom of Speech" has now been extended from the Public Forum to
the 'right' to violate an individuals privacy inside their Home.

One way of "Thinking about this Issue": Would the Courts allow a
Right To Lifer to use a Bull Horn to Shout Messages into the Home of
an Abortion Doctor's Home? no, No. NO !

Another way of "Thinking about this Issue": Would the Courts allow a
Right To Lifer to use a Telephone to Call and Leave Messages on the
Home Telephone of an Abortion Doctor's Home? HELL NO !

Freedom of Speech is a Just and Valid "Right" within the public forum.
However, my personal "Right" to Privacy within My Home takes
precedence over the very pubic 'right' of Freedom of Speech; which
does not extend to breaking into the very Private Sanity, Comfort and
Security of My Home !

jomo ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Warpcore"

Old September 25th 03, 02:49 AM
Warpcore

I agree with you

Old September 25th 03, 05:15 PM
Tom Sevart

Telemarketers bringing a lawsuit in order to overturn a law set up by people
who don't want to be bothered by telephone advertisements is not much
different from spammers who use spaces in words or deliberate mispellings in
the subject line in order to try to get around spam filters. That's
overstepping their rights and infringing upon the rights of people who want
to be left alone. In a way they're asserting that people really do want to
receive telemarketing calls, or else they're suing for the right to bother
people in their homes no matter what.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

Old September 25th 03, 06:01 PM
Gregg

Behold, Tom Sevart signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

or else
they're suing for the right to bother people in their homes no matter
what.

JW's just won a landmark case to do that.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Old September 26th 03, 01:06 AM
CW

If they feel the need to be a PIA, I think there should be two months a year
that is telemarketer season. Bag limit no more than one hundred per day. No
nukes allowed but napalm is encouraged.
"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

But... you can always tell them to leave and not come back or be subject

criminal trespass. Same goes for telemarketers... you can tell them to

not
call any more and they're supposed to quit calling you.