Old October 5th 03, 02:21 PM
Kent

I think since you have three radios, I am going to have to confiscate your
GE SR II. ;-)

"elfa" wrote in message
Thanks for the encouragement RHF.
I'm also working with my Panasonic RF-B300....picked it up for an amazing

$1.00
at a garage sale. It's MINT condition. AM/FM/Shortwave.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rfb300.htm

It's not too shabby either. I feel kind of stupid as I have 3 radios on

the
dining room table, comparing each to the other, the SRII, Panasonic, and

Sony
2010.

elfa

In article , RHF says...

ELFA,

Just using a bare bones GE Superadio without any external antenna.
You are doing pretty good.

Most of the AM Stations that I recommended are North/South of your
location in the SF Bay Area. The early morning hours from 4AM to 8AM
may be your best chance of hearing them.

A small loop antenna can be the diference between 'barely' hearing and
Really Hearing them and many others.

~ RHF
.
.
= = = elfa
= = = wrote in message ...
Thanks.....
Had problems with most of the ones you provided....see below. Already

went to
'Nightime Powerhouse....', that's how I got the 50K stations. Wanted to

use the
radio without the extra loop antennas just to see how the radio works

on its
own.

elfa

In article , RHF

says...

ELFA,

First - Get a RadioShack AM Loop Antenna, Terk AM Advantage Loop
Antenna, Select-A-Tenna Model #541-M or build a simple AM "Box" Loop
Antenna.

* * * USA MAP:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...rp/amradio.htm

* * * Clear Channel Stations:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...amndbyfreq.htm

* * * Night Time AM/MW Power Houses:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...namrp/freq.htm

From the SF Bay Area = Daytime
540 kHz "KSRK" CARMEL VALLEY,CA USA ...Barely
880 kHz "KKMC" GONZALES, CA USA........Barely
1080 kHz "KSCO" SANTA CRUZ, CA USA.....Barely
1200 kHz "KYAA" SOQUEL, CA USA.........Barely

From the SF Bay Area = Nighttime
550 kHz "KOAC" CORVALLIS, OR USA (NPR/PRI/OPR Programming)...Barely
600 kHz "KOGO" SAN DIEGO, CA USA .....NO
890 kHz "KDXU" ST. GEORGE, UT USA.....Barely
1520 kHz "KVTA" HUENEME, CA USA.......Barely

* * * AMQ AM Radio Database Query
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html

* * * Radio-Locator
http://www.radio-locator.com/
The most comprehensive radio station search engine on the internet

Try the "TIS" LP-AM Stations in the SF Bay Area

~ RHF
.
.
= = = elfa
= = = wrote in message ...
Just picked up a GE Superadio 2 and am really impressed with it. Just

sitting
at the dining room table, I can get anything my 2010 can get on BC

band but
better (especially the sound).

At night, from my location in SF bay area, I can get Los Angeles 50KW
stations:

KFI - 640

Sacramento:
KFBK - 1530

Eugene, OR
KPNW - 1120

Las Vegas
KDWN - 0720

Reno:
KKOH - 0780

Granted, 50KW at night, not too challenging. Anyone have just a

handful of
stations that would realistically put the radio to the test from SF

bay area?
Without using any external antenna.

Just a handful of them.

thanks

elfa

Old October 5th 03, 07:29 PM
elfa

In article , Kent says...

I think since you have three radios, I am going to have to confiscate your
GE SR II. ;-)

I'm actually too embarassed to tell how many others I have.

elfa

= = = wrote in message ...
[...]

From the SF Bay Area = Daytime
540 kHz "KSRK" CARMEL VALLEY,CA USA ...Barely
880 kHz "KKMC" GONZALES, CA USA........Barely
1080 kHz "KSCO" SANTA CRUZ, CA USA.....Barely
1200 kHz "KYAA" SOQUEL, CA USA.........Barely

From the SF Bay Area = Nighttime