RadioBanter

-   -   passport 2004 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38451-passport-2004-a.html)

Mike Maghakian October 2nd 03 07:47 PM

passport 2004

for those that haven't noticed yet, passport list price is up $3 to
$22.95 and discount prices are higher also.

[email protected] October 3rd 03 03:10 PM

Mike Maghakian wrote:
for those that haven't noticed yet, passport list price is up $3 to
$22.95 and discount prices are higher also.

Ah, that's why. I never look at list price. :-

So with solar activity down, and poor propagation on the higher freqs,
they want us to cough up more cash to hear fewer signals. That's
terrible!

Art N2AH

N8KDV October 3rd 03 05:22 PM

wrote:

Mike Maghakian wrote:
for those that haven't noticed yet, passport list price is up $3 to
$22.95 and discount prices are higher also.

Ah, that's why. I never look at list price. :-

So with solar activity down, and poor propagation on the higher freqs,
they want us to cough up more cash to hear fewer signals. That's
terrible!

Solar activity and poor propagation have nothing to do with the higher
costs of production to turn out the publication.

You obviously need to take a course in basic economics!

And if you don't like that, well I guess you might always consider picking
up a used copy of the 2004 edition in say August or so, I'm sure the price
will be much better then. :-)

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700

Bob October 3rd 03 09:21 PM

wrote in message . com...
Mike Maghakian wrote:
for those that haven't noticed yet, passport list price is up $3 to
$22.95 and discount prices are higher also.

Ah, that's why. I never look at list price. :-

So with solar activity down, and poor propagation on the higher freqs,
they want us to cough up more cash to hear fewer signals. That's
terrible!

Art N2AH

There hasn't been a price increase for quite a few years. I guess it
makes sense to hit the buyers with a big one and then it wont be
necessary to change it for a good number of years.
Considering it is a niche market publication and contains a wealth
of radio informaton I think it is still a bargain.
Bob

dwarf October 5th 03 03:31 AM

You obviously need to take a course in basic economics!

Steve,

Yes indeed I will not pay $22.95 for the 2004 Passport to World Band
Radio book and I will wait when the time is due for recycling, of
course the book store dealer will make their bargain sale of that book
for $2 to $3 price and I will not pay more than that. I have other
priorities rather than buying that book. Because of the world
economical crisis, we have to save our dollar for better purposes.

Dwarf

N8KDV October 5th 03 03:37 AM

dwarf wrote:

You obviously need to take a course in basic economics!

Steve,

Yes indeed I will not pay $22.95 for the 2004 Passport to World Band
Radio book and I will wait when the time is due for recycling, of
course the book store dealer will make their bargain sale of that book
for $2 to $3 price and I will not pay more than that. I have other
priorities rather than buying that book. Because of the world
economical crisis, we have to save our dollar for better purposes.

Dwarf

I don't think I'll pay $22.95 for it either... but that's a whole 'nother
story. I will get one though, just because I always do.

The 'world economical crisis' be damned. (Actually you won't be helping
the 'world economical crisis' get any better by hanging on to your dollar,
you need to spend, spend, spend! Then, the 'world econmical crisis' will
get better). Get it?

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B