Old October 9th 03, 02:58 PM
Master Chief Mike

Default Sitor Frequencies?

I just bought a used Universal M-7000 and I'm looking for some good
SITOR frequencies. I live in Rhode Island and I was hoping that
someone has some frequencies that I can try.

Thanks,

Mike G.
Old October 9th 03, 04:58 PM
Tom Sevart

"Master Chief Mike" wrote in message
om...
I just bought a used Universal M-7000 and I'm looking for some good
SITOR frequencies. I live in Rhode Island and I was hoping that
someone has some frequencies that I can try.

The best thing I can suggest is trying the maritime bands in these freq
ranges:

4210-4220
6314-6331
8417-8437
12579-12657
16807-16903
18870-18893
19681-19703
22376-22444

Channels will be spaced .5 KHZ apart. Perhaps if I get time I'll add the
channel frequencies to my website.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

Old October 9th 03, 11:42 PM
eeyore

"Master Chief Mike" wrote in message
om...
I just bought a used Universal M-7000 and I'm looking for some good
SITOR frequencies. I live in Rhode Island and I was hoping that
someone has some frequencies that I can try.

Thanks,

Mike G.

Also, ARRL Bulletins can be heard on 14095

Old October 18th 03, 02:21 AM
Albert P. Belle Isle

On 9 Oct 2003 06:58:59 -0700, (Master Chief Mike)
wrote:

I just bought a used Universal M-7000 and I'm looking for some good
SITOR frequencies. I live in Rhode Island and I was hoping that
someone has some frequencies that I can try.

Thanks,

Mike G.

Many of the US-based FEC (SITOR-B) weather broadcasts that used to be
all over the marine bands are gone now, but you can always find FEC
NAVTEX broadcasts on 518kHz if you're in range of the coasts
(Atlantic, Gulf or Pacific).

See
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/marcomms/gmdss/NAVTEX.htm

The new GMDSS system uses the same 100baud/170Hz shift modulation, but
it has a different symbol alphabet that an FEC decoder can't decode.

Good listening,
Al
Location: 42N39, 71W09 (Near Boston, MA)
HF Antennas: 65ft TFD, 45ft T2FD, 28ft vertical, 65ft doublet
HF Receivers: Ten-Tec RX340, RX320, Harris R2368, Cubic R3030A
Decoders: Code300-32, Universal M-8000, PK-232MBX/DSP