Old October 10th 03, 02:49 AM
Diverd4777

Default Jwin JX-M14, performance on short Bike Trip.

Took my Jwin JX-M14 out for a test drive on the Bike.
Ear buds fit nicely under bicycle helmet. Radio fits in Shirt pocket
Antenna can be turned so it goes cross yer chest.
After setting up, I Biked along, FM tuner is acceptable, keeping locked on one
station ( WBGO, Jazz 88) for 1/2 hr .
Volume control accessible while travelling at speed on bumpy, uneven surface.

At my destination, Stopped for Lemonaide, Checked out the scenery.
New York, on a warm day down by the river, presents a very nice picture.

It was approacing 4:00 P.M when I roused myself, paid the bill,
tipped the Waitress and headed back.

Tuned the Jwin to 7.415 to hear either Planet World News or the latest goings
on with the Financial Apocalypse.

The commentator usually has a slew of gloomy economic statistics.
Quite illuminating at times.
Planet World News has enough classified info ( Sounds like it) to get
In BIG trouble..

Alas! the Jwin got overloaded by some
other station, so there was a combination of Bible Thumpers
& statistics about the financial system.
Once you stop, the signal is copyable if you ajust the set and antenna.
Poked at it for 5 miles while at speed. Metal structures, overpasses & such
seriously degrade the signal.
ionosphere was not totally cooperative.

Jwin JX-m14, wile a bargain at $10:00, and a great little set,
is not ideally suited for
Shortwave DXing..whilst riding ones Bike..
:-)
A tad too large, needs double reduction. for FM or local stations,
quite good.
..
Love to hear other similar reports from the self propelled..

Dan