Old October 12th 03, 07:36 PM

Default LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION

I live in a fairly narrow ( deep ) valley in NE Penna.

SW results on my RS have always been marginal,
no matter what sort of antenna I could conjur up.

Yesterday I took my radio to a local state park
which is located on a hilltop... ( some 1000 ft ??? higher )

GOOD GRIEF !
Every band.... every increment... stations came in loud and clear !
I could have stayed there for hours just logging thru the stations.

When I got home, I turned on the radio....
same old...same old... silence, static, an occasional God-station.

And then the realization that
no matter how good the radio, or the antenna.....
if you live in a hole, you're not gonna get decent reception.

So, if you live in the plains, or on a hilltop, consider yourself
a lucky SWL.....

Me ???
I may have to move !!

rj