Old October 16th 03, 02:12 PM
Dan Schopp

Default For Sale - Super Radio Shack DX 398

Several weeks ago I swapped with DeWayne for his modified Super Radio
Shack DX 398. I now have this wonderful DX 398 up for sale. Listed
below are the mods that have been done to this radio. This radio is in
excellent condition. Comes in orginal box with manual and carrying
case. The mods shown below are taken from DeWayne's message when he
offered the radio for sale on these newsgroups.

This radio has several improvements
that have been implimented over a "stock radio". These are as follows: 1-an
additional broadband rf amplifier has been added internally to boost
reception with the telescopic antenna. This really helps boost weak signals.
2-Tuning mute and smooth knob tuning to eliminate the stepped tuning knob
action and chugging when bandscanning with tuning knob. This makes for much
better feel when tuning than on a stock radio. 3-The audio has been improved
to get rid of the tinny sound normally found in a stock radio. It has good
volume and punch. This one is easy to listen to for extended time. 4-The
stock radio has a very weak green led backlight system for the LCD display.
It makes it hard to read in dim light. The dim green leds have been change
to brighter blue leds. This makes it much easier to see in dim light. Also
note that when using an AC adaptor the light can be selected to stay on all
the time. 5-The stock radio has a very slow AGC, this has been corrected to
a fast AGC time which makes station reception on worldband much better.
These modifications make an already good radio much better.

Asking $175 which includes USPS Priority Mail or UPS ground shipping
within continental US. Will ship to Canada for an additional $10. Will
not ship outside of US or Canada.

Old October 17th 03, 11:58 PM
Stinger

Dammit, Dan, I didn't need to hear that right now. I've got a Sangean ATS -
909 Deluxe on order right now ;^)

-- Stinger

"Dan Schopp" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message ...
Dan, If this radio is so good "why" selling it?

Would like to sell the DX 398 in order to purchase a Sony 7600GR. I am
a radioaholic and love having a new radio to play with.

Old October 18th 03, 12:48 AM
D. Schopp

"Stinger" wrote in message
Dammit, Dan, I didn't need to hear that right now. I've got a Sangean

ATS -
909 Deluxe on order right now ;^)

-- Stinger

Stinger,

Not sure what a 909 deluxe is but this DX 398 is everything the 909/398
should be right out of the box. Good sensitivity, good audio, and a nice,
bright LED that replaced the original dim LED. Since I placed the ad I've
played with and used the radio quite a bit. I've come to realize it really
is a nice portable. And still for sale.

Dan

Old October 18th 03, 02:21 AM
radiok3pi

-Stinger,

You will like the mod 909 a lot, don't fret! You will need both
eventually. : ) The 909 is better as a mini desktop and the 7600g(r)
is superior as a travel portable. 909 handles external antennas very
well. You need a moderate length external antenna and good AC adapter
to get the most out of it. Let us know how you like it.

Haven't found the cure here yet

-Russ K3Pi

"Stinger" wrote in message ...
Dammit, Dan, I didn't need to hear that right now. I've got a Sangean ATS -
909 Deluxe on order right now ;^)

-- Stinger

"Dan Schopp" wrote in message
om...

Old October 18th 03, 04:21 AM
dociscool

He's got a "sickness". I should know... I have it too!

"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
om...

But, I have to ask: Then why did you buy it?

Old October 18th 03, 04:23 AM
WShoots1

Would like to sell the DX 398 in order to purchase a Sony 7600GR. I am a
radioaholic and love having a new radio to play with.

Hmm... I thought radioholics keep each radio they buy and buy the next one
whether they need it or not. :-)

Bill. K5BY