RadioBanter

-   -   Sunspot Photos from Daytona Beach, FL (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38822-sunspot-photos-daytona-beach-fl.html)

GeorgeF October 24th 03 11:49 PM

Sunspot Photos from Daytona Beach, FL

With the solar storm to hit earth on 10/24/03 I decided to try and take
some pictures of our current sun spots. I used a 4 1/2" telescope and a
digital camera. You can read how I did it and see the pictures at
http://www.milaircomms.com/sunspots.html

So far it sounds like HF has been effected by todays solar storm.
According to a local TV (WESH 2 Orlando) that some HF Aircraft
Communications were effected….

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Macman October 25th 03 12:07 AM

Those are some great pics!

Tony Meloche October 25th 03 02:06 AM

Macman wrote:

Those are some great pics!

Agreed - very nicely done, George!

Tony

Cliff at the Shack October 25th 03 03:19 PM

sun spots.

Here's what they looked like from my place in southeast Texas:

http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/new/new.html

I also used a digital camera and a 4" scope, but I shot through the scope
with a solar filter.

Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Grundig YB-400, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT