Old October 24th 03, 11:49 PM
GeorgeF

Default Sunspot Photos from Daytona Beach, FL

With the solar storm to hit earth on 10/24/03 I decided to try and take
some pictures of our current sun spots. I used a 4 1/2" telescope and a
digital camera. You can read how I did it and see the pictures at
http://www.milaircomms.com/sunspots.html

So far it sounds like HF has been effected by todays solar storm.
According to a local TV (WESH 2 Orlando) that some HF Aircraft
Communications were effected….

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old October 25th 03, 12:07 AM
Macman

Those are some great pics!

Old October 25th 03, 02:06 AM
Tony Meloche

Macman wrote:

Those are some great pics!

Agreed - very nicely done, George!

Tony

Old October 25th 03, 03:19 PM
Cliff at the Shack

sun spots.

Here's what they looked like from my place in southeast Texas:

http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/new/new.html

I also used a digital camera and a 4" scope, but I shot through the scope
with a solar filter.

Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Grundig YB-400, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT

Presidential Visit Set for Daytona Beach Saturday Oct 16, 2004 &John Edwards on Sunday. GeorgeF Scanner 5 October 27th 04 12:02 AM
Air Force One at Daytona Beach IAP AllanStern Scanner 0 October 17th 04 01:21 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 10 January 1st 04 10:54 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 0 December 31st 03 03:35 PM
Sunspot Photos from Daytona Beach, FL GeorgeF Scanner 1 October 25th 03 02:09 AM