Old October 29th 03, 09:53 PM
Soliloquy

Default Where's my shows?

Where's the signal? None of the WWV type signals are available, at 2.50
5.00 10.00 15.00 20.00 or the Canadian 3.330 and 7.335 MHz frequencies.

Mind you, I'm talking about reception on my DX-396, I haven't tried the
Icom or Yaesu Tabletop radios yet, but it doesn't look promising.

Anyway, with all the fanfare that the media made about the magnetic storms,
I expected to see lightning bolts across the clear sky all afternoon. I
work in heavy industry largely controlled by electronics. Having followed
this stuff, I was talking with the people in the control room, fearing that
there might actually have been power outages, which are very problematic
for us.

Other than the loss of HF communications (which I realize is problematic to
others), the day seems to have progressed without incident.

And some of you people think that Alex Jones et. al. promulgates fear.

It's nothing compared to the steady stream of horror issued by the
government and news agencies. Terror this, disease that, crime this, evil
weather that, etc.

--
Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.