Old November 8th 03, 02:37 PM
Jim Douglas

Default Shortwave Dealer In Dallas, TX

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Dallas/FT Worth area that has various
shortwave receivers on display? I am looking on a step up from the DX-398
and was looking at the Grundig Sat800. I would like to see it and purchase
from a local dealer.

Thanks

--

Jim Douglas
http:\\www.genesis-software.com

Old November 8th 03, 04:52 PM
Sanjaya

"Jim Douglas" wrote...
Does anyone know of a dealer in the Dallas/FT Worth area that has various
shortwave receivers on display?

[snip]

See if these guys are still in existence.
They might know.

Tucker Electronics
POB 551419
Dallas, TX 75355-1419
800-527-4642
Technical Support 214-348-8800

Old November 8th 03, 06:15 PM
Larry

Hello Jim,

Do you have any of the stores below? I believe The Sharper Image has
a couple outlets in Texas.

The Good Guys
Brookstone (NY, LA, DC)
The Sharper Image
The Wiz
West Marine

I would recommend hitting one of the following just to see what else
is out there. Sorry I do not know Texas very well, these might be far
away:

Texas Towers
A Division of Texas RF Distributors, Inc.
1108 Summit Avenue, Suite #4
Plano, TX 75074

KCOMM, INC.
10815 Gulfdale
San Antonio, Texas 78216

Houston Amateur Radio Supply
181 Cypresswood Dr.
Spring, TX 77388-6038

Austin Amateur Radio Supply
5325 N. I-35 - Austin TX 78723

Old November 8th 03, 07:33 PM
Pete Ritter

Jim Douglas wrote:

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Dallas/FT Worth area that has various
shortwave receivers on display? I am looking on a step up from the DX-398
and was looking at the Grundig Sat800. I would like to see it and purchase
from a local dealer.

Thanks

Fry's has a few, the Sat800 included. Tucker (mentioned in another post)
used to have a nice retail store, but closed that maybe 7 years ago. Texas
Towers caters mainly to hams, but may have a few "consumer" SW receivers.

--
# I prefer GNU/Linux to Windows because
# I prefer self-empowerment to slavery.
Old November 8th 03, 11:37 PM
Jim Douglas

There is a new Fry's right down the road! That is great news! I will check
it out tomorrow. The Plano one could be a good find also.

Old November 21st 03, 10:34 PM

Pete Ritter wrote:

Fry's has a few, the Sat800 included. Tucker (mentioned in another post)
used to have a nice retail store, but closed that maybe 7 years ago.
Texas Towers caters mainly to hams, but may have a few "consumer" SW
receivers.

TT will occasionally stock these sorts of things, but IMO, their biggest
advantage is the consignment table. Keep an eye on it, and you can get
some pretty darn good deals from time to time.

On rare occasions, ISTR Tanner's having had some SW gear laying around, and
Electronic Discount Sales over in Irving runs an occasional bit of
used-but-working gear.

--
Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH

Shortwave Dealer In Dallas, TX Jim Douglas Scanner 3 November 8th 03 07:33 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM